Because there still is some celebrating to do and I’m guessing that many of you are about maxed out the desserts. So here’s one that seems decadent, but won’t leave you feeling sluggish or regretting that you ate it to begin with.
It’s a slight twist on my chocolate pudding mousse recipe and is quite simple to put together.
The only trouble is they disappear awfully quickly. LOL
Pistachio wrapped chocolate truffles
1 ripe avocado
3/4 cup cocoa powder
3/4 date paste*
the cream from 1 14.5-oz can of full fat coconut milk
1/4 cup almond butter
2 tsp vanilla
2 scoops of 100% pure stevia*
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2/3 cup shelled pistachios
1. Chill the can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight. This ensures the cream comes together in one solid mass.
2. Carefully scoop out the cream from the coconut milk into a food processor or sturdy blender. add remaining ingredients except for the pistachios.
3. Blend until very smooth.
4. Spoon into a bowl, Cover, and place in the refrigerator for at least 3 to 4 hours.
5. Meanwhile, place the pistachios in a food processor or blender and process until crushed fine. Make sure you don’t over process or the oil’s will release and it will turn into pistachio butter. Turn into a shallow dish or onto a plate.
6. When the chocolate truffle mixture has set, using a spoon, scoop out individual bite-sized pieces placing them a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
7. Once all the chocolate mixture has been scooped out, dampen your hands with water and form each truffle into a ball.
8. Roll each truffle in the crushed pistachios, coating thoroughly, and return to the cookie sheet.
9. Place a cookie sheet in the refrigerator and chill until ready to serve.
10. Keep refrigerated as these are highly perishable. In the event you have leftovers, consume them within 2 to 3 days.
* It’s possible to buy pre-made date paste, but if you can’t find it, you can make your own. Simply soak one cup of Medjool dates in warm water for at least one hour and then blend in a food processor or blender. It’s best to buy dates with the pits still in them and then remove the pits just before using.
*Be sure to use 100% pure Stevia. I get mine at Trader Joe’s and it comes with its own scoop. Many Stevia products are mixed with sugars or other fillers. Pure Stevia has a very strong taste so you only need a little to go a long way.
Are any of these missing from your diet?
Not all plant-based diets (PBD) are created equal. If you're missing any of these essentials from your diet, besides key nutrients that help your body function at its best, you may be missing out on:
- increased energy
- better health
- dropping unnecessary weight
- reduced cravings for carbs and sugar
This checklist is 100% free when you request access to become a VIP reader of Wildberry Press. As a VIP you also receive exclusive content that I don't publish here on the blog including recipes, how to videos and behind-the-scenes stories.
How do you become a VIP? It's easy!
Simply fill out your name and email address and click the "GIMME ACCESS" button. And that's it.