But inevitably, I leave inspiration to strike at the last minute.
(For those of you who don’t know me, I live in the US and am now a citizen but I was born in Canada.)
I came across this idea on Pinterest, and had to try it while dreaming up my own recipe.
I was so excited how these Cherry Berry Creamsicles turned out! They were easy to make and are packed with whole fruit and are dairy and sugar free.
If you want a quick video tip that comes with making these, leave a comment with your email address.
There’s also lots of fun and inspiration happening daily on my Facebook page…www.facebook.com/wildberrycoach. I would love to have you join me there for conversation!
CHERRY BERRY CREAMSICLES
1.5 cups frozen cherries
1.5 cups frozen strawberries
1 T white grape juice (optional)
3 bananas, sliced into rounds and frozen
1 15 oz can full fat coconut milk.
1 tsp. vanilla
1. Bring cherries and one cup of strawberries to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add white grape juice if using. Add to a food processor with the remaining strawberries and blend until smooth. Let cool then add a large spoonful to the bottom of each Popsicle mold. Freeze.
2. Rinse food processor bowl and add frozen bananas, coconut milk and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
3. Take Popsicle mold out of freezer and add 2-3 spoonfuls of banana-coconut mixture. Pop back in freezer for 20-30 minutes.
4. Add remaining cherry strawberry mixture to top off the Popsicle molds and insert stick.
5. Freeze until frozen solid.
6. To release Popsicle from mold, run under warm water.