As May winds down, so does my anti-candida diet. Since May is Celiac Awareness Month and the anti-candida diet also is gluten free, I’m sharing the breakfast that has largely been a part of my mornings this past month.
Have you ever had quinoa for breakfast instead of oatmeal?
Love this protein-packed grain and often swapped it in over my usual gf standby of buckwheat and millet.
I try to be mindful in eating a variety of foods that pack in the nutrients, so here’s the breakdown of what is included in this breakfast:
- Quinoa: is one of the few plants that is a complete protein and also has iron, B-vitamins, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, Vitamin E and fiber
- Chia seeds: contain fiber, protein, Omega-3 fatty acids and micronutrients
- Unsweetened shredded coconut: contains protein, fiber, iron, zinc
- Ground flax seeds: gives you micronutrients, fiber, manganese, vitamin B1, Omega-3
- Cinnamon: has multiple health benefits and contains antioxidants and is antimicrobial
- Coconut oil: has beneficial medium-chain fatty acids
- Blueberries:contains antioxidants, vitamin K, vitamin C, manganese, fiber and copper.
- Unsweetened almond milk: is rich in phosphorus, potassium and zinc
What your favorite gluten free breakfast? Favorite hot or cold cereal mix ins?
When you sign up for the Wildberry Press newsletter, you never miss a recipe!
Recipes are delivered right to your inbox so you never waste time repeatedly checking wildberrypress.com for new plant-based recipe inspiration that you can sink your teeth into.
PLUS you'll have access to premium, bonus content, tips and behind-the-scenes scoops that I only share with my insider newsletter crew.
Sign up now, so you won't miss out!