You know you’re a mom of boys when…your middle son chooses the colors of his favorite football teams as his inspiration for his “Mastermind” pattern. And when they have holes in their knees from playing tackle football, tackle anything, inside and outside. And when you, a fair-weather football begin to consider Super Bowl Sunday almost on par with Valentine’s Day or the Fourth of July.
I’m breaking a perhaps unwritten food blogging rule and posting a recipe without showing the finished product. Three reasons. One: I keep forgetting to take purty pictures of the dip all assembled. Two: I’m making it tomorrow but am giving you time to grab these ingredients in case you want to assemble it before the big game on Sunday because it’s just that good. Three: Truthfully, the assembled dip isn’t all that photogenic.
Instead, for today, let’s let the ingredients do the talking…
- fat free refried beans
- red pepper hummus
Oh, and don’t forget the chips. 🙂 To amp up the nutrition, make some baked sweet potato rounds.
game day any day 7-layer dip
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 1-14.5 oz can fat free refried beans
- 1-2 cups red pepper or plain hummus
- 1-2 avocados, diced
- 2-3 cups salsa
- 3-4 cups diced romaine lettuce
- ½ – 1 cup minced cilantro
- 1 cucumber, diced
- optional: green onions, diced jalapeños, olives
- Spread refried beans evenly on bottom of baking dish.
- Next spread the hummus evenly and evenly distributed the diced avocados over that.
- Pour on the salsa.
- If using jalapeños or olives add those next, then cover evenly with the lettuce.
- Finish by evenly distributing the cilantro and the cucumber.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
This dip will store well in the fridge for a couple of days. Make sure to cover!
Never miss a recipe!