(this post contains affiliate links which help fund this blog but at no cost to you)
I don’t know why I have this “thing” for peach melba. I don’t remember my mom ever making it or even trying it anywhere as a child. Maybe it’s my love for peaches and raspberries or maybe it’s this lingering desire I have to nail a peach melba – even if only in popsicle form – after I bombed my first attempt at it when I first switched to a plant-based diet.
Anyway…I’m in love with how these peach melba popsicles turned out and I know you’ll love them too!
- Peaches (organic, of course)
- No added sugar
- Gluten free
- Chia seeds to boost your energy
- Plant protein from my favorite unsweetened vegan yogurt
- Fun magical vanilla cake dust coating
At first, I was going to keep them plain Jane with just the raspberry and peach flavors (although I love them this way too), but what is peach melba without the cake, right?
Since I wasn’t about to re-create my original disaster with the peach melba in cake form, I figured out a solution with just three gluten and added sugar free ingredients: coconut flour, almond flour and 100% pure stevia! So simple and it adds just the right nod the original dessert. If my children are anything to go by, they love the peach melba popsicles with the magical vanilla cake dust!
My tips for how to dust the popsicles with the vanilla cake “crumbs” are in the recipe instructions. While it’s fairly simple to do, it does take a little extra time, so be prepared for that.
The ingredient amounts for these peach melba popsicles are specifically for the popsicle maker I used, so quantity results may vary slightly with different mold. BTW, If you love the old fashioned mold as much as I do, you can find it here.
These vegan, no added sugar peach melba popsicles with magical vanilla cake dust are gluten free and packed with sources of healthy plant protein to keep your summer energy up while cooling you off at the same time. Note: the prep time is longer if you choose to add in the cake dust, otherwise, these take less than 10 minutes to put together.)
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cashew yogurt
- 1 scoop 100% pure powdered stevia
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 10 oz bag frozen peaches (organic is best)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cashew yogurt
- 2 scoops 100% pure powdered stevia
- 1-2 1" slices of frozen just ripe banana
- 1/8 cup almond flour
- 1/8 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 scoop 100% pure powdered stevia
Mix the ingredients for the raspberry part of the popsicles in a food processor or blender until smooth and well blended. Distribute evenly between each popsicle mold.
Rinse the food processor bowl or blender and mix up the peach part. starting with just one banana slice. Add the second one if additional sweetness is desired. Add to the top of the raspberry portion, distributing evenly between each popsicle mold. Add a popsicle stick if your mold requires it and freeze for at least two hours or until frozen solid.
Mix the three cake dust ingredients together. Remove the popsicles from the freezer and run the molds under warm water until they are all freed of the molds. (Depending on the temperature of your room, you may want to store the popiscles you aren't working with in the freezer.)
Fill a bowl with very warm water and, using a pastry brush, brush the last 1/2"-1" of each popsicle (on the peach part nearest the stick) with warm water on all sides. This helps melt the popsicle slightly so the cake dust will stick to it. Sprinkle the cake dust on, patting gently as needed to help it adhere. It's best to sprinkle the cake dust on over a dish that is both separate from the cake dust and the water.
Since the popsicles can no longer be stored in the molds (otherwide the cake dust comes off), place them on a baking sheet to ensure the cake crumbs are frozen in place. Then store them in an freezer friendly bag.
(contains affiliate links which help fund this blog at no cost to you 🙂 )
- Click here for my favorite food processor
- Pure stevia: It’s critical to use 100% pure stevia with no additives or fillers (see this post). I get mine at Trader Joe’s, but try the NOW BetterStevia™ Organic Zero Calorie Powdered Sweetener — 1 oz brand here. Even though it appears pricey, a little goes a looong way, and my container lasted me for several years!
- Almond & Coconut Flours: many stores are carrying these now, especially natural foods stores. However, if you can’t locate them near you, you can buy them online. Almond flour here and coconut flour here.
- Old-fashioned Popsicle mold: this is the exact one I have so you know the quantities will match up exactly. Click here to get it.
Are any of these missing from your diet?
Not all plant-based diets (PBD) are created equal. If you're missing any of these essentials from your diet, besides key nutrients that help your body function at its best, you may be missing out on:
- increased energy
- better health
- dropping unnecessary weight
- reduced cravings for carbs and sugar
This checklist is 100% free when you request access to become a VIP reader of Wildberry Press. As a VIP you also receive exclusive content that I don't publish here on the blog including recipes, how to videos and behind-the-scenes stories.
How do you become a VIP? It's easy!
Simply fill out your name and email address and click the "GIMME ACCESS" button. And that's it.