(this post contains affiliate links which carry no cost to you but help support this blog)
I’m serving up something a little different for you today and talking about money. Specifically, how you can save it.
While paper and printable coupons are still around, there are newer kids in town who are here to save you money: apps. They function similarly to paper coupons, but (I think) carry higher payouts and are much safer than printable coupons which can invite viruses into your computer.
While money saving apps involve a little extra step than simply clipping coupons and handing them to the cashier, they are completely worth it. If you aren’t doing this, you’re leaving money on the table. In fact, just today, I was able to put $20 back into my grocery budget and another $20 is on its way in the mail.
Here’s why I love these money saving apps:
- No paper coupons to organize, lose and forget – all the offers are easily found within the app
- You can earn money back on fresh produce!
- With one of the apps, I can earn money back just for submitting a picture of a receipt.
- Sometimes there are offers for the same product in more than one app which = even bigger savings!
- It’s easier to let others in on the savings – with coupons, I just keep them for myself; with the apps, I can alert others of savings plus get a bonus for referrals.
All you need is a tablet, ipad or smartphone to download the apps plus your receipts and you’re ready to go. Since I’ve started using these money saving apps, I’ve earned back more than $140!
Below is a list of my favorite money saving apps plus how to use them. If you don’t have an account with these apps already, you’ll want to use the codes I give you for extra savings! (For transparency’s sake, I get a bonus too).
Ibotta: This is my favorite app and that one that’s netted me the most money. As an added bonus, you can use it for mobile shopping and for more than just groceries. And there are bonuses available to increase your earnings. Here’s how it works:
- Download it to your phone.
- Sign up for an account (use this link to create it online https://ibotta.com/r/nuqylud or enter this code into the app itself: nuqylud) You get a $10 bonus for signing up and when you join my team, we get extra earning opportunities.
- If you don’t have Ibotta already, you’ll definitely want to get it this month because you could earn back more an additional $100!
- To use it, look for rebates in the app to match with the stores where you shop. Unlock the rebate and then redeem the offer by submitting your receipt (with a photo) once your purchase the item.
- Once you bank at least $20, you can request a payout to PayPal, Venmo or in the form of a gift card.
Fetch Reward: A newer app which is even easier to use – all you need to do is submit a photo of your receipts and the app does the rest. At minimum, you get 25 points per submitted receipts and can earn additional points for product-specific purchases. Plus when you enter this code into the app: X3MCY, you will get a bonus 1,500 points when you complete one receipt (equal to $1.50). You can redeem your points for gift cards when you reach a minimum of 5,000 points (equal to $5)
Checkout 51: Similiar to Ibotta where you identify offers to redeem and take a photo of your receipt and submit it. Also has fresh produce offers and an added benefit of submitting receipts from any store. You can request a payout when you accumulate $20 in savings.
Saving Star: Similar to Ibotta and Checkout 51, but you can request a payout after only $5 of accumulated savings. Like Ibotta, Savings Star is only good with certain stores, so be sure to double check these before you shop.
Makeena: A newer app which works similar to the other apps and is geared to the organic/natural foods market and offers rebates on organic produce. You’ll want to enter this code: OJVUQZ in the app when you create your account to earn a bonus 1000 points (equal to $1). Like Saving Star, you can get a payout after $5 in savings.
Berry Cart: Also caters to the organic/natural foods market and works similarly to the other apps. Use this link: https://www.berrycart.com/rf/vT2VwMeSwX to create an account online and then download the app. Also allows you to get a payout after $5 in savings.
BONUS MONEY SAVING APPS
These are a little different than the ones mentioned above, but worth mentioning for their money saving power.
Target: If you haven’t started using Cartwheel yet, you need to as it saves you a percentage of selected products! The easiest way to find deals under cartwheel is to scan the barcodes for the products you’re purchasing in the app (and it’s fun too!). When you check out, have the cashier scan your barcode (in the app) and saving will automatically be applied as you checkout. Additional way to save: get a Target debit or credit card and save 5% every time you shop.
Whole Foods: Includes coupons in the app. Scan the barcode at checkout to have the savings applied when you checkout.
Ebates*: So this isn’t exactly for grocery shopping but it’s definitely worth mentioning. Ebates is mostly for online purchases, but there are some in-store options too! You get a certain percentage back for your purchases and they send you a check every quarter when you’ve accumulated savings over $5. Use this referral link https://go.ebat.es/imsk/yyy9XGYsVC for that so you can save $10 off your first purchase of $25 or more.
Tired of struggling with your addiction to sugar? Afraid that life will be so...depressing without it?
What if I told you that you could immediately start cutting back on your sugar consumption and you wouldn't even miss it?!
Sound too good to be true?
You see, food manufacturers slip sugar into their recipes because it keeps you addicted and craving more of their product. Creepy, right? But for many of these products, added sugar has no business being there in the first place and you won't even miss it if it's gone!
That's why I've create a list of
It's 100% free for you to download when you sign on for VIP access to my newsletter.
PLUS, I have two additional bonuses in the works when you sign up for this list in April:
- a "level up" list of sugar free foods where you will probably notice a difference in taste but it will still feel similar to the products you are used to consuming
- a Sneaky Snacks recipe book containing some of my favorite added sugar free desserts and snacks that are easy to make + fun to eat.
How do you become a VIP and gain access to all these goodies? It's easy!
Simply fill out your name and email address and click the "GET MY FREE DOWNLOAD" button. And that's it.