As May winds down, so does my anti-candida diet. Since May is Celiac Awareness Month and the anti-candida diet also is gluten free, I’m sharing the breakfast that has largely been a part of my mornings this past month.
Have you ever had quinoa for breakfast instead of oatmeal?
Love this protein-packed grain and often swapped it in over my usual gf standby of buckwheat and millet.
I try to be mindful in eating a variety of foods that pack in the nutrients, so here’s the breakdown of what is included in this breakfast:
- Quinoa: is one of the few plants that is a complete protein and also has iron, B-vitamins, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, Vitamin E and fiber
- Chia seeds: contain fiber, protein, Omega-3 fatty acids and micronutrients
- Unsweetened shredded coconut: contains protein, fiber, iron, zinc
- Ground flax seeds: gives you micronutrients, fiber, manganese, vitamin B1, Omega-3
- Cinnamon: has multiple health benefits and contains antioxidants and is antimicrobial
- Coconut oil: has beneficial medium-chain fatty acids
- Blueberries:contains antioxidants, vitamin K, vitamin C, manganese, fiber and copper.
- Unsweetened almond milk: is rich in phosphorus, potassium and zinc
What your favorite gluten free breakfast? Favorite hot or cold cereal mix ins?
Are any of these missing from your diet?
Not all plant-based diets (PBD) are created equal. If you're missing any of these essentials from your diet, besides key nutrients that help your body function at its best, you may be missing out on:
- increased energy
- better health
- dropping unnecessary weight
- reduced cravings for carbs and sugar
This checklist is 100% free when you request access to become a VIP reader of Wildberry Press. As a VIP you also receive exclusive content that I don't publish here on the blog including recipes, how to videos and behind-the-scenes stories.
How do you become a VIP? It's easy!
Simply fill out your name and email address and click the "GIMME ACCESS" button. And that's it.