You know you’re a mom of boys when…your middle son chooses the colors of his favorite football teams as his inspiration for his “Mastermind” pattern. And when they have holes in their knees from playing tackle football, tackle anything, inside and outside. And when you, a fair-weather football begin to consider Super Bowl Sunday almost on par with Valentine’s Day or the Fourth of July.
I’m breaking a perhaps unwritten food blogging rule and posting a recipe without showing the finished product. Three reasons. One: I keep forgetting to take purty pictures of the dip all assembled. Two: I’m making it tomorrow but am giving you time to grab these ingredients in case you want to assemble it before the big game on Sunday because it’s just that good. Three: Truthfully, the assembled dip isn’t all that photogenic.
Instead, for today, let’s let the ingredients do the talking…
- fat free refried beans
- red pepper hummus
Oh, and don’t forget the chips. 🙂 To amp up the nutrition, make some baked sweet potato rounds.
game day any day 7-layer dip
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 1-14.5 oz can fat free refried beans
- 1-2 cups red pepper or plain hummus
- 1-2 avocados, diced
- 2-3 cups salsa
- 3-4 cups diced romaine lettuce
- ½ – 1 cup minced cilantro
- 1 cucumber, diced
- optional: green onions, diced jalapeños, olives
- Spread refried beans evenly on bottom of baking dish.
- Next spread the hummus evenly and evenly distributed the diced avocados over that.
- Pour on the salsa.
- If using jalapeños or olives add those next, then cover evenly with the lettuce.
- Finish by evenly distributing the cilantro and the cucumber.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
This dip will store well in the fridge for a couple of days. Make sure to cover!
Life is busy.
Let me take care of this for you for a week!
Meal planning + healthy eating. Two things we know we "should" do, right? But when life is crazy, it's easy to let these two areas slide... Or maybe it's not your superpower, but it's been hard to ignore that tiny voice inside you telling you it's what you need... Or maybe you're just bored with the same old meals and need a fresh infusion of recipe inspiration but don't have time to figure it out (believe me, we all go through that!)
I've got you covered, girl!
Here's a FREE seven-day plant-based (vegan) meal plan waiting to be whisked to your inbox when you become a VIP reader of Wildberry Press. That's one entire week of all meals (snack too!) done! It's my free gift to you and an example of the exclusive content I give ONLY to my VIP readers.
PLUS it guarantees you'll continue to get fresh recipe inspiration delivered right to your virtual doorstep.
So what exactly is included in this seven day meal plan?
- Some of my tastiest & easiest recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner + snacks.
- A suggested meal plan
- Meal prep tips
- A record + reflect sheet so you can track before & after results if you're looking to boost your energy and improve your health
Sign up now for access to the *dairy free* creme de la creme of Wildberry Press content delivered right to your inbox and get your FREE seven day meal plan as a thank you gift.